Australia emerged victorious in the 2023 ICC Cricket World Cup last night, securing their sixth world cup title. The grand finale took place at Ahmedabad Stadium, where a staggering crowd of approximately 130,000 Indian spectators witnessed the thrilling conclusion of the tournament.
India, who had batted first in the final, managed to accumulate a total of 240 runs at the conclusion of 50 overs.
Despite a challenging pitch for the batters being set up at Ahmedabad Stadium, Australia was able to conquer the target with four wickets lost in the 43rd over during their innings.
Australia, the reigning world champions, were awarded a cash prize of 4 million US dollars in addition to the world cup trophy.
The main focus of this article is on the players who have scored the most runs and taken the most wickets in this edition of the tournament.
In the 2023 Cricket World Cup, Virat Kohli emerged as the highest run-scorer with a total of 765 runs in 11 games.
The bowling chart was led by Indian seamer Mohammed Shami, who took 24 wickets in 7 Innings, followed by Australian leg-spinner Adam Zampa with 23 wickets in 11 matches.
Sri Lankan seamer Dilshan Madushanka secured the third position with 21 wickets in 9 Innings.
Top Run Scorers
- Virat Kohli (IND) – 765 runs (11 Innings)
- Rohit Sharma (IND) – 597 runs (11 Innings)
- Quinton de Kock (SA) – 594 runs (10 Innings)
- Rachin Ravindra (NZ) – 578 runs (10 Innings)
- Daryl Mitchell (NZ) – 552 runs (9 Innings)
Top Wicket Takers
- Mohammed Shami (IND) – 24 wickets (7 Innings)
- Adam Zampa (AUS) – 23 wickets (11 Innings)
- Dilshan Madushanka (SL) – 21 wickets (9 Innings)
- J Bumrah (IND) – 20 wickets (11 Innings)
- G Coetzee (SA) – 20 wickets (8 Innings)