England’s squad for the upcoming Ashes Test series against Australia was announced today (10).
Head Coach Chris Silverwood has named a 17-player strong squad for the tour of Australia, and all those players have been capped at Test level.
This is the first time that 10 of the 17 players, will be touring Australia in an Ashes series including vice-captain Jos Buttler.
Injured Sam curran has not been considered for the selection.
All-rounder Ben Stokes has been taken an indefinite break from cricket to fully recover from an injury sustained to his left finger, has also been left out of the squad.
Fast bowlers Jofra Archer and Olly Stone also missed the Ashes this season due to injuries.
The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) had only announced on Friday that the tour would go ahead following player concerns over Covid protocols.
The England players are due to leave England on November 4 to play in the Ashes series, which begins in Brisbane on 8 December.
- Joe Root (C), James Anderson, Jonathan Bairstow, Dom Bess, Stuart Broad, Rory Burns, Jos Buttler, Zak Crawley, Haseeb Hameed, Dan Lawrence, Jack Leach, Dawid Malan, Craig Overton, Ollie Pope, Ollie Robinson, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood
- 8-12 December: 1st Test, Australia v England, Gabba, Brisbane
- 16-20 December: 2nd Test, Australia v England (D/N), Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
- 26-30 December: 3rd Test, Australia v England, MCG, Melbourne
- 5-9 January: 4th Test, Australia v England, SCG, Sydney
- 14-18 January: 5th Test, Australia v England, Optus Stadium, Perth