Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) named former left-arm spinner Abdur Razzak in the national selection panel.
”The Board approved the inclusion of former Bangladesh left-arm spinner Abdur Razzak in the National Selection Panel.” BCB said in a statement.
Razzak will join as a third selector of the selection panel headed by Minhajul Abedin and Habibul Bashar.
Major outcomes of the 9th meeting (virtual) of the BCB Board of Directors held on Wednesday (27 January 2021):
- The Board adopted a condolence motion for former BCB Vice President Raisuddin Ahmed and personalities related to cricket who have passed away in recent times. The Board paid respect to the deceased and recalled their contribution to Bangladesh cricket.
- The meeting discussed the selection process for an internationally-reputed consultant for the Sheikh Hasina Cricket Stadium. The Board provided guidelines for the selection of the consultant as well as the appointment of a ‘project management company’ for efficient operations of the project.
- The Board gave consent to acquiring land adjacent to Dhaka city for development of playing grounds and cricket related infrastructure. A committee will be formed to expedite the process of land procurement.
- The Board agreed in principle to bring local cricketers under a COVID-19 vaccination programme by February 2021 in an effort to re-start domestic cricket.
- The existing contract for the centrally contracted players and first class players will continue until further decision.
- The Board approved the inclusion of former Bangladesh left-arm spinner Abdur Razzak in the National Selection Panel.